You can extract only a part of the email and use it to print email, save on disk or send a reply. For example, you can extract a delivery address in email or a list of products...
So, to do this you need to create a template, and then in the actions (print email, save email, ...) you can select the model you need:
Instructions to use article templates
Create a step-by-step guide
Step 1: Adding new model
- Click on top menu 'Tools', then 'Data extractor edition'. Now you can add or edit a template.
IMPORTANT: There are 3 templates which can't be deleted because it is a system template:
HTML Body: it takes all email data in HTML format if it exists.
TEXT body: it takes all email data in TEXT format if it exists.
TEXT from HTML conversion: it will convert the email HTML to TEXT format, used to print on receipt printer or use raw data.
Step 2: Define the data to extract
- Enter a name to identify this template
- Choose the data source: email data in HTML format if exists, or the TEXT data, or the HTML converted in raw text.
- Choose the starting position and ending position
Note: you can display the raw data of an email (if emails are listed in Automatic Email Manager) to see what you want to extract.
Step 3: Now you can use this template to any action using data extractor, for example in printing:
- Add or edit the group of actions you want
- Add or edit a print action
- Now click on 'More options...% and select the template in the selector 'Use these email data'